APPLY NOW: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF)
16 Mar 2021 - 12:00
We are pleased to invite applications from doctoral graduates for a three-year research fellowship, starting in 2021. The position is funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF) SARChI, awarded to Prof. Haroon Bhorat, DPRU Director, who holds the highly prestigious National Research Chair under the theme of Economic Growth, Poverty and Inequality: Exploring the Interactions for South Africa. Prof. Bhorat will supervise the Fellow, providing mentorship, career advice and support.
The DPRU specialises in academically rigorous socio-economic research. Through the application of economic and statistical techniques, our aim is to produce academically credible policy analysis. Our research clients include national and provincial government departments, local and international donors, and international agencies. The PDRF research agenda will be flexible within three broad analytical nodes:
- Developing country labour market issues;
- Poverty, Inequality and the nature of Inclusive Economic Growth;
- Economic Complexity, Structural Transformation and Employment Creation.
There are opportunities for the successful candidate to perform joint work within other group research projects such as:
- The impact of technology and structural transformation on wages and employment;
- The impact of the national minimum wage in South Africa;
- Measuring economic complexity dynamics in SSA;
- Establishing institutional mechanisms for skills planning in South Africa;
- Africa’s jobs challenge and youth unemployment;
- Matching youth to jobs in urban South Africa through randomised control trails (RCTs); etc.
Candidates will also be encouraged to develop and pursue their own work within the broad goals of the research team.
For full information on eligibility, general conditions of the award, the selection process and instructions on how to apply, please click HERE.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 23 March 2021.