Bursaries: Applications Open
Applications are invited from South African citizens to apply for post-graduate bursaries and fellowships broadly within the fields of poverty, inequality, and labour markets. In general however, students wishing to undertake their thesis or long paper broadly within an applied economics area, are encouraged to apply. Examples of the themes that would be of interest include:
- The impact of social grants on economic growth, poverty and inequality in South Africa
- An examination of trends in registered unemployment benefits pre- and post-recession in South Africa
- The role of the informal economy in engendering a more equitable growth path for South Africa
- The relationship between schooling inputs and measured outcomes within South Africa
These bursaries will be awarded on a competitive basis, accounting for both equity and academic excellence. Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
Bursary amounts per annum:
- Honours Students – R40 000
- PhD Students – R100 000
For details on how to apply, please contact Ms Wadia Joseph via email: email@example.com or tel: 021 650 5022.
Read the advert in full here.