DPRU Vacancies: Various Researcher Analyst posts
Junior Research Analyst / Researcher Analyst / Senior Researcher Analyst
If you seek a career in policy research and comply with the criteria below, we invite you to apply for the above permanent positions, for appointment as soon as possible. The successful candidate(s) will be involved in the DPRU’s research activities and will be expected to participate in other research-related tasks within the Unit.
The DPRU specialises in academically rigorous socio-economic research with a focus on labour market issues, poverty and inequality. Our research clients include national and provincial government departments, local and international donors, and international agencies.
Reference number: E15223
Closing date: 10 January 2016
Requirements for the three post levels are as follows:
Senior Research Analyst:
- Masters degree in Economics and at least five years of relevant experience;
- PhD an advantage;
- Proven track record of leading/co-leading research projects and of accredited journal publications;
- Excellent knowledge of STATA;
- Applied econometric skills and experience in working with large survey datasets.
- Masters degree in Economics and at least two years of relevant experience;
- Good working knowledge of STATA;
- Applied econometric skills will be an advantage.
Junior Research Analyst:
- Masters degree in Economics (or at least completed Economics Masters coursework);
- Familiarity with the STATA software package is a distinct advantage.
The following will be required for all levels:
- Appropriate analytical and empirical skills in economics and economic policy;
- Excellent writing skills and presentation skills;
- High-level proficiency in Excel and Word;
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, both independently and within a team.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience within the UCT pay ranges.
For further information and details on how to apply, please view the attached Job Advert.
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. UCT reserves the right not to appoint.