IEA – RES Policy Webinar: Developing Nations and COVID-19
The International Economic Association (IEA) and the Royal Economic Association (RES) are pleased to invite you to the Webinar Developing Nations and COVID-19.
The COVID-19 pandemic threatens to hit developing nations with special force, given the low fiscal resources and poor health systems that prevail in low-income settings. While the need for significant international support has been widely acknowledged, rich nations are preoccupied by their own problems and the response to date has not been encouraging. The risk is that many of the gains in economic development reaped over recent decades may be undone. The panel, drawing on experts from different nations, will focus on the interface between the epidemiological and economic challenges and take stock of where policy responses stand.
Date: Thursday 23rd April, 3:30 pm BST | 4:30 pm SAST
Chair: Tim Besley, London School of Economics
- Kaushik Basu, Cornell University
- Haroon Bhorat, Development Policy Research Unit (DPRU), University of Cape Town
- Ashwini Deshpande, Ashok University
- Luis-Felipe Lopez-Calva, ASG and UNDP Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Dani Rodrik, Harvard University
- Albert Zeufack, Chief Economist for Africa Region, World Bank
Please join via the YouTube stream available here: https://www.youtube.com/RoyalEconomicSociety/